TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY
WATTS BAR NUCLEAR PLANT
-Provides expert planning, implementation, and continuous improvement of site licensing functions in support of the operation of TVA nuclear plants.
-Provides support for implementation of the site regulatory and compliance programs with regulatory agencies, both Federal, local, and state. Implements site responsibilities for maintenance of and compliance with the current licensing bases of TVA nuclear plants.
Supervisory Responsibility -
Budget Responsibility - Could impact budget $500K and above.
1. Support of NRC inspection activities, including interface with NRC inspectors and coordination with affected plant departments.
2. Ensure the timely preparation of well-written licensing reports and other documentation required by the current licensing basis for submittal to NRC. These reports must be consistent with TVA policies and prepared in accordance with TVA procedures for completeness and accuracy.
3. Ensure implementation of the overall TVA Nuclear Power Group commitment tracking system, commitment management program, and the program for monitoring and trending TVA Nuclear Power Group compliance with regulatory compliance.
4. Managing TVA Nuclear Power Group communications regarding licensing activities with regulatory agencies. Ensuring that the fleet communicates with regulatory agencies in a consistent manner. Developing strategies for overall TVA Nuclear Power Group communications with regulatory agencies.
5. Determining, negotiating, interpreting, and providing information on regulatory requirements pertaining to obtaining and maintaining licenses and permits affecting the assigned TVA Nuclear Power group site.
6. May work as an individual contributor or as a team leader in planning, organizing and supervising the work of specialist level licensing engineers in an intensely specialized field.
7. May be temporarily assigned to plant outage tasks.
8. May serve as the expert on licensing issues and may represent TVA on various nuclear power industry licensing forums and committees.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY FACTORS
-Bachelor's degree in engineering or a scientific discipline
-Ten years experience with 8 years in nuclear licensing and at least 5 years experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
-Twelve years of responsible nuclear power plant experience involving nuclear plant design, construction, operation, licensing, safety or quality assurance.
- Senior Reactor Operator/STA certification of license is desirable.
- Must have problem analysis and decision making skills; good organization and planning skills to effectively manage diverse tasks and projects.
-Must have excellent communication skills to be able to express complex ideas succinctly and clearly using different perspectives, as needed.
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. TVA gives hiring preference to qualified U.S. citizens for all job vacancies. Between qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals, TVA gives hiring preference to equally qualified born or naturalized U.S. citizens. TVA gives preference in appointments to eligible Veterans. For more information, please see www.tva.com/employment/veterans.htm. If you desire to exercise your Veteran's preference for this position, please email your supporting documentation to email@example.com.