This position is for a Senior Electrical Engineer performing, in the role of Owner’s engineer, design coordination of engineering deliverables required to complete modifications to Monticello operating nuclear power plant located in Minnesota. The candidate must be familiar with the process systems associated with PWR/BWR based nuclear power facilities and may be required to take the Owner organized training programs, which consist of a several weeks of instructor-led training courses on various aspects of power plant systems and operation.
· Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
· Understands standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
· Provides technical direction and training to other technical staff that assist in performing specific assignments.
· Receives technical and administrative supervision from the Owner.
· Plans and coordinates individual work and subordinates (if any) within and outside the discipline including Owner, equipment manufacturers and other departments including construction and startup.
· Individual must be knowledgeable in the codes and standards within the industry and familiar with related construction practice. Responsible for technical coordination in the production of electrical design drawings, specifications, calculations and design details including but not limited to:
Ø Main single line/three line drawings
Ø Plant Control Logics
Ø System control schematics and logics
Ø Wiring diagrams and terminations
Ø Quantity tracking databases
Ø Equipment and cable sizing calculations
Responsible for technical coordination in the production of specifications for electrical equipment in accordance with the project requirements and performance of the related technical evaluations of suppliers and review/approval of equipment design drawings. Must work effectively within and outside the Bechtel disciplines, the Owner’s organization, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Manage the site walk-downs as necessary of the existing plant systems/equipment and development of walk-down packages.
Candidate should have experience with industry regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to the electrical discipline including conformance to Equipment Qualification (EQ), Electrical Separation and Fire Protection. Provides engineering support through construction and startup of the plant modification.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
Minimum 5 years of practical design experience in electrical engineering associated with systems related to operating nuclear facility.
Candidate must be capable of passing nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain an unescorted access clearance to a nuclear power plant facility.
Candidate must be willing to take business trips. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Professionally registered engineer (PE) in the state of Minnesota, or the ability to obtain a PE in Minnesota
Adequate experience in the cable raceway design using standard cable and raceway programs.
Minimum of 8 years of practical design experience in electrical engineering within the nuclear power industry.
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE).
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise. Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.