JOB PROFILE: Project Engineer
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
Project Engineers (PE) will be assigned to Special Tasks or to Specific Contractors (“Technological PE”);
both roles have the following common general duties:
- Managing multi-disciplinary interfaces: physical as well as functional interfaces;
- Giving the necessary support and interacting with the PM on the relevant Contract or with the designed interface (commissioning, licensing, etc.);
- Planning (in coordination with the relevant units) and controlling tasks and related activities, and ensuring the consistency with the overall project plan;
- Identifying criticalities and risks and proposing (or implementing as applicable) solutions to avoid or to minimize the effects;
- Managing criticalities needing a specific focus or a dedicated process;
- Assisting the heads of area/unit as multidisciplinary issues arise;
- Keeping under control the overall planning of the contract (or task) under his/her responsibility;
- taking actions to ensure that disciplines are complying with the schedule.
- recording decisions and keep under control actions agreed, through minutes of meetings and dedicated follow-up;
- pointing out (or asking for) impacts relevant to timing and costs, if any, to the impacted Area for the tasks under his/her responsibility.
“Special Task” PEs reports to the Head of Engineering.
“Technological” PEs reports to the Head of Project Engineering Management
TECHNOLOGICAL PE – ADDITIONAL DUTIES
“Technological” PEs have the following additional specific duties with respect to the Contract they are assigned with:
- PE is devoted to the technical interactions with Technological Contractor (TC);
- PE shall interact with Contractor to anticipate as much as possible the possible raising of criticalities;
- PE is in charge of assuring the completeness and current status of the Contractors’ Engineering Project Schedule (EPS) and the relevant documentation;
- PE is in charge of minimizing hindrances to the project, with the support of Disciplines ;
- PE is in charge of evaluating, accepting or rejecting, all the modifications to consolidated design that are proposed by Technological Contractors, keeping under due consideration impacts to the project;
- PE is in charge of analyzing the overall effects of any modification or adjustment considering all the areas inside as well as outside engineering (e.g. construction, commissioning and start-up, etc.).
- PE shall assure the additional coordination expertise and actions whenever multidisciplinary issues arise.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the follow up of a complex Mechanical/Electrical supply;
- Past experiences in “Nuclear Plant Design” will be considered a plus; VVER plant design knowledge will be preferred;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Good communication skills, leadership and decision making capabilities;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Independence with team work capabilities;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.